Kris Oakes – Clerk
September 8, 2022
Meeting was opened at 6:30 pm by J. Krultz, who led the Pledge of Allegiance. Board member present were, J. Krultz, D. Oakes, T. Malinger, A. Werner. M. Rezin arrived at 7:53 pm. Other attendees were the Clerk, K. Oakes, Treasurer, N. Zellmer, and Public Works Manager, B. Knoepker.
Motion made to approve agenda by T. Malinger, D. Oakes 2nd. CARRIED
- Update on TASD for 2022-2023 school year. Dr. Charles M. Hanson (Mike)- Superintendient for TASD
- Dan Hilson-Issue concerning missing units/parcels on the north side of Falcon St; Issue concerning water/sewer and new housing units for seasonal workers. J. Krultz will meet with assessor and bldg inspector to determine that all units are listed on County map.
- Cranfest Resolution for street closures Motion made to approve Resolution #02 by T. Malinger, A. Werner 2nd. CARRIED
- Resolution Authorizing the Redemption of the Community Development Lease Revenue Bonds, dated May 2, 2004 and the Comm unity Development Lease Revenue Bonds, dated February 27, 2006. Motion to approve Resolution #106 made by A. Werner, D. Oakes 2nd. CARRIED
- Consideration of Appropriation of $65,000 in TID funds for Partial Payment of Community Development Authority 2014 Workout Extension Bonds Motion to approve Resolution #106A made by D. Oakes, A. Werner 2nd. CARRIED
MINUTES: August 17, 2022 Motion to approve minutes as read made by T. Malinger, D. Oakes 2nd. CARRIED
- Warrens Monroe Commission – Approved purchase of truck; waiting for approval from board for Water/Sewer agreement so it can be signed and notarized.
- Department of Public Works – See second page
- Planning/Zoning – NO ACTION
- Audit/Budget- CLA needs a few more documents before closing out 2020 WMWC audit
- Office Administration- Estimate for updated Zoning Map; Changing Treasurer for taxes to Nicki’s name/division of work. Motion made to move forward with zoning map project by J. Krultz, D. Oakes 2ND. CARRIED
- TIF discussion/action
Communications – Delinquent Account list, Current bank reconciliations, Annual Calendar
Liquor Licenses-/Operator’s Licenses –
Class A – Great Escapes/Jellystone Park – Motion made to deny as we have no more Class A licenses, T. Malinger, D. Oakes 2nd . CARRIED
Operator’s License – Samaykumar B Patel,
Kinda Oberbeck Motion made to accept Operator License for S. Patel made by D. Oakes, A. Werner 2nd. CARRIED
Transfer and Payment of Bills- Motion made to tranfer and pay bills made by T. Malinger, D. Oakes 2nd. CARRIED
Adjournment – Motion made to adjourn at 8:58 pm by D. Oakes, A. Werner 2nd. CARRIED
Motions for Public Works-
Invoice for Well 1 was almost double than original bid. The drive shaft was carbon steel instead of stainless steel and that had to be changed. Wire mesh screen at bottom of well was not documented, which also increased cost. Motion made to approve paying invoice for fixing Well 1 made by A. Werner, D. Oakes 2nd. 4 Ayes, T. Malinger, Opposed. Motion Carried.
Now that Well 2 has been converted to natural gas the LP tank can be sold. Motion made by D. Oakes to advertise and take bids for tank and gas. Buyer will be responsible for removing gas before moving. A.Werner 2nd. CARRIED
Discussion about Tornado siren. $22,000. For a new one to be placed by the Berry Vine. $2,100 to fix existing siren at old Game Craze. A. Werner made a motion to order the new board to fix the siren, J. Krultz asked that board hold off on motion until more information is gathered. No Action.